Why then, Jomtien?
Jomtien Beach offers the gay traveler great value & variety in a centrally located beach resort area. Here are just a few reasons to choose Jomtien Beach.
- Jomtien Beach is a short 90 minute car ride from Bangkok's International Airport. The highways have recently been improved allowing faster transfer. A Taxi will run you $25-30 USD or the modern bus service will be around $4 USD.
- You are less than 2 hours from Bangkok allowing you easy access to the city without having to endure the traffic and air pollution on a continual basis. A taxi to downtown Bangkok will cost you $25- $30 USD or a Bus to Victory Monument will only run you just over $4 USD.
- Jomtien Beach has many fine restaurants to choose from. French, German, Indian, Fish & Chips, Mexican, Italian, Thai .....and the list goes on.
- You'll find close to a dozen Gay Bars within easy walking distance of each other in Jomtien Complex. They range from open air beer bars to lavish Showbars.
- There are many Gay & Gay Friendly Guest Houses ranging from basic accommodation to luxury class. Rooms start at about $17 a night.
- The world famous "Gay Beach" is less than a five minute walk from Jomtien Complex. Here you can work on your tan, enjoy a drink or a meal, get a massage or pedicure and watch the beautiful people promenade by.
- If Thai Massage is your thing, you'll find both traditional massage and that of a more erotic variety available at numerous venues.
- Shopping, Golf, Para-sailing, Bungee Jumping as well as numerous Tourists Attractions are readily available during the day.
- For the adventurous, Jomtien Beach is located in Central Thailand making it a strategic location for those wishing to explore other parts of the country from a central location. Bus Service can get you to most locations or you can hire a car and driver.
So there you have it. Just a few of the reason's to visit Jomtien Beach. In the coming weeks we'll explore these and other reasons in more detail. Hope to see you here!